Married by Zac

Hello, my name is Zac Garven, and I am a civil marriage celebrant with a passion for memorable ceremonies.

With a decade of weddings, events, hosting and radio experience, I bring a confident, professional, and stress-free approach to organizing and officiating your ceremony. I am based on the Capricorn Coast, Queensland, but am open to travelling wherever you would like your ceremony.

Be Married By Zac.

Process & Fees

The bare basics to get married in Australia are:

You need to be 18 years or older, not related, not already married, and complete the Notice of Intended Marriage form with appropriate ID sighted 31 days before your wedding date. On your wedding day, you need to exchange vows and sign three certificates. You will also need two witnesses over the age of 18 years to sign these documents.

After your ceremony I will lodge the registration of your marriage with the Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages.

Everything else we can discuss.

My fee to solemnize your wedding is $900 and is inclusive of:

  • lodgement of the Notice of Intended Marriage form
  • a private appointment and unlimited contact
  • preparation of an individual ceremony
  • a rehearsal of your ceremony
  • officiating on your special day
  • use of a high quality battery-powered P.A. system
  • travel to your ceremony location within 50km of Rockhampton
  • use of a Sterling Silver Tiffany & Co Pen to sign the Marriage Register
  • timely lodgement of all marriage documents
  • information pack regarding a 'change of name' after the wedding


What are all the forms required to marry my lover?

What is the Notice of Intended Marriage form (NOIM)?

This must be signed and witnessed by me, your Celebrant, no later than one month before the date of your wedding. It is exactly what it sounds, a notice of your intended marriage. The form can either be completed electronically or by hand with black ink in BLOCK caps.

If you were born in Australia, I am required to sight your original birth certificates and, if applicable, divorce or death papers if you have been previously married. If you are not an Australian citizen you will need to bring your passport to our initial meeting for me to sight.

What are the other forms we need to complete?

Declarations: You will both need to complete and sign declarations prior to your wedding ceremony to confirm that there is no legal impediment to you marrying each other. This is a document that I provide.

Marriage certificates: There are three certificates you sign on the day: one for you to keep, one for my records, and one for me to submit. We can complete these prior to your wedding being performed so on the day we just need to sign them. I submit all the required documents to Births, Deaths and Marriages.

How do I secure you as my celebrant?

The date and time of your ceremony is secured once either your full payment or 50% non-refundable deposit is received, and the NOIM is signed.

Here is a link to the Government's process on requesting the paperwork needed to change your name after you are married:

Industry Friends

Contact ‘Married by Zac’

Married by Zac

Phone: 0400 533 334